The fashion world has changed over the last couple of years and although there are still many style pieces out there that are painful or uncomfortable to wear (don’t we know it!), these days women have more options to look stylish and feel comfortable.
The relaxed pant is a case in point. Usually worn for days when you want to lounge at home or to run a quick errand around the corner, this season thanks to the athleisure trend, the relaxed pant has been taken to a new level and it is being worn on so many more occasions.
So how can you feel comfortable and look stylish while donning the relaxed pant? Here’s ten ways you can style this trending piece:
- Paired with a statement sweater: Find a tight-fitting piece and rather than going for one with logos, choose a sweater with a statement feature like a bow tying at the back or gathered sleeves.
- Paired with a high neck blouse: For an office look that combines elegance and
comfort, pair your relaxed pant with a delicate looking blouse, preferably in a silk material to contrast with the casualness of the relaxed pant.
- Paired with heels: Everything looks more elegant with heels, including the relaxed pant. Go for a chunky heel or stilettos here and take your pants from the office to Friday night drinks.
- Paired with white sneakers: This shoe is hot this season and it is being paired with everything from dresses to suits, so don’t fret and if you want to go super casual, the white sneakers with these pants will keep your style cool and collected.
- Paired with a fine knit: For the ultimate cozy look, try pairing this pant with a fine knit, something elaborately woven and chunky or tight in cashmere.
- Paired with a military jacket: This front buttoned, statement jacket is trickling into the wardrobes of the biggest fashionistas again — a jacket that is perfect to elevate your relaxed pant in a second.
- Paired with lace up ballet pumps: The shoe of summer and one that is too pretty for words, the lace up ballet pumps are perfect to pair with your relaxed pant to take to the office, when wearing heels feels like an endeavor.
- Paired with converse shoes: For a 90s alluding look, try pairing your relaxed pant with classic converse shoes.
- Paired with a crop top: When you want to create a striking balance between loose and tight, pair your relaxed pant with a tight crop top that shows off your midriff and the hard work you have been putting in the gym.
- Paired with an elegant tank top: For a look that is still utterly sporty but one that you can wear beyond the gym, try pairing your relaxed pants with an elegant tank top so that you can look stylish and not frumpy.
How do you wear your relaxed pants?
Maine Mine is an ambivert who is passionate about life. She believes in making people smile and helping others through her words.
When she’s not writing, you’d most likely catch her surfing the internet for new information about everything and anything under the sun.