What’s the difference between mineral makeup and traditional makeup? She Brisbane spoke to Karen from The Skin Clinicians at Hawthorne and she shared a few of her top reasons why people are choosing mineral makeup…
- Mineral makeup sits on top of your skin allowing your skin to breath rather than causing irritation, redness, clogging pores and creating blemishes.
- Mineral makeup interacts with light and bounces of the skin giving a natural radiance.
- The layering ability of mineral makeup allows you to get the coverage you want, covering blemishes, imperfections and giving a more flawless appearance.
- The mineral content in the makeup makes it difficult for bacterial growth, reducing contamination and increasing the makeups shelf life.
- Some of the higher quality mineral makeups like the dermatologist recommended Colorescience range has a unique formulation using peptides, antioxidants, vitamins, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to help you achieve a clear even complexion whilst protecting your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. Not all mineral makeups are created equally!
- Unfortunately under the current guidelines companies only need to incorporate approximately 2% mineral into their makeup to qualify as a mineral makeup.
- Most companies make up the deficit of mineral content by adding fillers like talc.
- Top quality mineral makeup also provides you with sun protection. Colorescience Mineral makeup offers up to SPF 50+.
How do you tell if you have a top quality mineral makeup? Try out this science experiment…
Place a small amount of the mineral powder makeup into a cup of water and stir. If it’s a quality mineral powder, the powder will stay dry and sit on top of the water no matter how vigorously you stir. If it isn’t good quality it will sink to the bottom or melt into the water. Put your lab coats on and try it out ladies.
The Skin Clinicians stock the full range of Colorescience Mineral Makeup. One of our favourite Colorescience products is the Sunforgettable mineral powder which is SPF 50+ and 2 hrs water resistant. It really doesn’t get any better – looking beautiful while protecting our skin!