A Sunday picnic is the perfect family activity during a relaxed weekend, is not just a great way of bonding with your loved ones but also good for your health.
Picnics don’t have to just involve sitting on a blanket, they can also be part of a fun physical activity.
Is important to choose healthily when packing our picnic basket, always choose seasonal products and make it fun for the little ones so everybody can enjoy.
One of my favourite healthy picnics that I do quite often on Sundays after a long day at the beach has this combination of ingredients:
- Seasonal vegetables and fruit: this time of the year I always choose figs as they are in season and are high in fibre with a good source of several essential minerals, including magnesium, manganese, calcium.
- Organic goat cheese: it’s high in calcium and fatty acids but low in cholesterol, it’s good for skin and a great source of protein.
- Avocado: rich source of antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B6 and is low cholesterol.
- Beetroot relish: beetroot and apples are both dense in antioxidants, the combination of these two primary ingredients convey significant nutritional and healthy benefits to the beetroot relish.
- Whole grain bread or crackers: giving fuel to the brain, muscles, heart and central nervous system.