We all know that health, fitness and weight management advantages of exercise depends on being physically active regularly and for the long-term, but the big problem is how to keep motivated! In my opinion, one of the main reasons people give up on keeping active is because they don’t choose an exercise that suits them…
To motivate my clients I always recommend the following:
- Choose an exercise that suits your abilities and accommodates and health problems you may have. Think of what you are good at and can build on!
- Don’t focus on trending exercises just because they appear to work for others. You need to enjoy what you are doing otherwise you won’t stay motivated.
- The exercise you choose MUST fit in with your lifestyle. If you have a gym or pool near you, you are going to be far more inclined to exercise as opposed to a location that is less convenient.
- Choose exercise options that can become part of your routine and set aside an exercise time each day.
- Exercise with a friend! This is a great way to keep motivated and feel supported! If you need help and more structure in your workout a personal trainer is another great way to improve your fitness and keep you on track!
Leonor is one of the leading experts in the fitness industry. As a former ballerina and flamenco dancer, she now specialises in Pilates and fitness training. Her fitness philosophy is based on being innovative, creative and up to date on the latest toning and fitness techniques, which helps her to motivate her clients to reach their goals through a structured exercise and healthy eating regime.
She combines a challenging career and business with motherhood and would like to share her online body plan, so YOU too can achieve a healthier, stronger and more toned body.