To celebrate St Patrick’s Day on the Sunday the 17th March we have some fun expert tips from Wattyl Paint and award-winning home builder Porter Davis on how to incorporate the colour of the moment into your home – Green!
From deep green throws to herb gardens, Wattyl Paint colour specialist, Sarah Stephenson says that that green is the key to styling a nurturing, stylish home – “green creates a fresh, casual feel in the home, encouraging wellness nurturing a calm and healthy space.”
Here are some home styling tips from Janelle Miles, Porter Davis lead Interior Designer, on how to have your neighbours green with envy:
- Create a feature wall with a lick of paint – Paint is a quick and inexpensive way to transform a space. A lick of green paint or a graphic print wallpaper will instantly transform the mood of the room. Shades from Wattyl Paint’s Green Scene Palette ‘Wattyl Cloud’ and ‘Wattyl Rhino’ are nature-inspired hues that are restful, natural, muted and fresh, perfect for the bedroom. Darker shades can also create rich, timeless feature wall.
- Incorporate the benefits of Aloe – De-stress your home and purify the air. The Aloe plant can help clear the air of pollutants found in chemical cleaning products and hanging pots will bring life and light to your home office.
- Think bottomless greens and natural textures – Pair rich dark solid greens with varied textures when accessorising. A combination of green block colour pillows and textured throws and rugs will bring your living room to life.
- Introduce a nursery in the kitchen – Go greener at home by growing your own herbs for cooking. Not only will this save you money but you will be doing your bit for the environment. Herbs such as Basil, Chives,Coriander, Mint and Parsley are just a few herbs which are simple to grow at home and a great addition to your favourite dishes.
- Muted green tiling – The colour green will create a sense of natural calm in your bathroom. Add a touch of luxury with feature green tiling against white walls. This combination will instantly calm the room. Potted plants and soft silky green towels will add a contemporary, natural feel to the room.
SheSociety is a site for the women of Australia to share our stories, our experiences, shared learnings and opportunities to connect.