THURSDAY, March 6
Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy, who was stabbed to death and stuffed in a suitcase, had been the happiest her sister had ever seen her before she died.
The 32-year-old’s body was found in her parked car in Kingsford, in the city’s east, on Tuesday night after being repeatedly stabbed.
Her ex-boyfriend, Harsh Narde, was suspected of murdering her before killing himself in a fiery car crash on Monday on the outskirts of Tamworth.
He was reportedly seen on CCTV getting into Dr Reddy’s car on Sunday outside the Swissotel on Market Street in Sydney’s CBD.
Dr Reddy’s sister, Nithya Reddy, said in a statement that her family was heartbroken and still trying to understand her final movements.
“Words cannot capture the pain we are feeling with the passing of my beautiful big sister,” she said.
“While we now know that Preethi is no longer with us, the certainty of her movements on Saturday night and Sunday morning are not yet fully known, and we will stay in touch with detectives as they work it all out.”
Ms Reddy said her sister had been “living her best life”.
“She had been the happiest I’d ever seen her,” she said.
Dr Reddy’s parents and current boyfriend were enduring the toughest time of their lives, she said.
The family reported her missing on Sunday after she failed to show up to a late breakfast.
She had spoken to them about 11am that day.
On Saturday, she took part in a dental conference at Hotel Urbane in St Leonard’s that Dr Narde also attended.
She was last seen on CCTV footage at a McDonald’s in the CBD at 2:15am on Sunday buying two bottles of water.
Police interviewed Dr Narde as part of their missing persons investigation before his death.
Police said Dr Narde hit a truck head-on on the New England Highway near Willow Tree on Monday night after swerving into the opposite lane of traffic
- 1800 Respect national helpline: 1800 737 732
- Women’s Crisis Line: 1800 811 811
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491
- Lifeline (24 hour crisis line): 131 114
- Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277
Royal watchers believe the first child of Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex will be born sometime next month, but it is only a calculated guess.
It’s been about 20 weeks since Kensington Palace announced that Meghan was pregnant, but the Royal family has so far kept her exact due date a secret.
All that was revealed back in October was that the baby was due in spring, which runs from March to May in the United Kingdom.
So now that spring has arrived, the guessing game among Royal watchers and UK media has started about when the world can expect the new baby.
They point out that when Prince Louis, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s third child, was born in April last year, he arrived 27 weeks after the announcement that Catherine was pregnant.
But the time between announcement and birth was a little longer for Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
Prince George, the couple’s first born who is third in line for the throne, was born 33 weeks after the Royal family’s announcement.
However in his case, the family was forced to spill the beans before Catherine had passed the 12-week mark, after she was rushed to hospital with an acute form of morning sickness.
Princess Charlotte was born 34 weeks after the royal notice.
So if the most recent protocol is anything to go by, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are likely expecting their child in about a month and a half, or late April.
Also, the pair only recently flew to Morocco
According to the National Health Service in the UK, most airlines won’t let pregnant women fly after 37 weeks.
But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex flew to Morocco on February 23 for a three-day visit.
Pop star Taylor Swift has revealed in a magazine article that she carries army-grade bandages with her at all times due to her fear of being attacked by a stalker.
Writing in Elle magazine, in an article titled “30 things I learned before turning 30”, Swift says her fear of violence clouds her professional and personal lives.
“After the Manchester Arena bombing and the Las Vegas concert shooting, I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep three million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote under the heading “My biggest fear”.
“I carry QuikClot army-grade bandage dressing, which is for gunshot or stab wounds.
“Websites and tabloids have taken it upon themselves to post every home address I’ve ever had online. You get enough stalkers trying to break into your house and you kind of start prepping for bad things.”
Swift also said she turned off comments on social media to “block off some noise”.
With regards to her much-talked-about love life, Swift said in the article she thought it was important to get to know someone before jumping in headfirst.
She also confirmed her opposition to US President Donald Trump.
“Invoking racism and provoking fear through thinly veiled messaging is not what I want from our leaders, and I realised that it actually is my responsibility to use my influence against that disgusting rhetoric,” she said.
“I’m going to do more to help. We have a big race coming up next year.”
Swift turns 30 on December 13.