Feeling flat and want to boost your mood?
Whether you’ve had a bad day at the office, with the kids, or you’re just feeling flat, there are simple ways to instantly boost your mood.
Yes, things can seem overwhelming at times but there are simple ways we can embrace calm. The problem is that when we feel overwhelmed with stress or emotion, it can sometimes be difficult to think of positive ways to lift our spirits.
One way to overcome such a mind block, is to spend a bit of time writing down at least 5 things you can do at any given time to lift your mood. That way when you’re having a bad day you can quickly refer to them and take action.
Need a little inspiration?
Here are my top 5 tips (guaranteed to raise spirit levels within minutes):
- Sit outside in nature for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and let the sun wash over you (wear sunscreen of course)
- Grab a colouring book and get lost in the meditative world of colour and pattern.
- Go for a walk in an area you love – notice the trees, birds, flowers, houses, people, roads and everything around you. In no time you’ll be immersed in another world as the endorphins take hold. And better yet, if you have a dog, take it. Just watch the way they smile up at you!
- Call or visit a friend who makes you laugh.
- Watch your favourite movie.
So while you’re feeling chipper, imagine all the things you love doing and write them down. Get creative and print out a poster for the fridge or wardrobe door, and refer to it when the blues come calling.
A handy “mood-boosting” hint list is a positive resource you can use to nurture yours truly!
Mary is a visual and verbal communications specialist with a passion for writing, designing and inspiring others. She runs a Graphic Design & Writing Business, compiles articles and blogs, and motivates as many people as she can along the way, including her two beautiful children. Her life is a never-ending work in progress and she wouldn’t have it any other way because SHE is in charge of her destiny!
Mary’s Motivational Blog (a work in progress): http://positivityaplenty.blogspot.com.au/
Graphic Design & Writing Business: