Mm, another fabulous recipe from Miss Lolly Loves Food – this time, Banana sour cream cupcakes with decadent cream cheese frosting!
I have had so many awesome comments regarding this recipe – the sour cream gives these cupcakes a real lightness and fluffy interior with a wonderful banana subtleness.
Be warned : you may feel the urge to gorge on the icing, it’s full on.
* Pre-heat oven 180*C
Ingredients (makes 16):
– 125g of unsalted butter, diced
– 3/4 cup of caster sugar
– 3 small/medium sized bananas, mashed
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
– 2 eggs
– 2 1/4 cups of self-raising flour + 1/2 a teaspoon of bi-carbonate of soda (sifted)
– 3/4 cup of sour cream (full fat)
– 1/4 milk
1. Cream butter, vanilla bean paste and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each of them have properly combined into the butter before adding the next.
2. Add sour cream, bananas, milk and stir gently to combine.
3. Fold in flour.
4. Fill cupcake wrappers 3/4 full, and pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove from the pan, and set aside to cool.
5. Repeat step 4, until all the mixture is used.
6. Allow to cool completely before icing.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
– 75g of unsalted butter, diced
– 200g of cream cheese
– 2 tablespoons+ milk
– icing sugar
– lime zest
– teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
1. Cream vanilla bean paste, butter, lime zest and cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add 1/2 cup fulls of icing sugar and milk until your preferred consistency is achieved (mine is 2-3cups)
3. Chill for 30 minutes before piping.
4. Fill a piping bag, and pipe away.
NOTE – iced cupcakes need to be refrigerated due to the dairy content.