This is for all the fabulous women out there who have a dream! You CAN do it! You just have to start.
Like you, I had a dream once. In fact, I had many! But the best thing I ever did was choose to make a start on one. Then and only then, did the rest follow.
Now my dreams follow me everywhere I go, because I started something and unleashed the power of plenty.
How I start the day
Each morning I get up, a new dream follows me to the kitchen for my morning cuppa. At school drop-off another dream follows me through the schoolyard as I observe family love and chatter. Once home again, another follows me onto the peaceful treed patio.
You see, by making a START, I opened the floodgates to more dreams and ideas! And with the energy harnessed from that, I propelled myself forward into the land of the unknown – the place where you make them come true. I call it my Dreamland. And it’s just how you would imagine it – beautiful, liberating, exciting, empowering, sometimes overwhelmingly so.
Six tips to start your dream process:
If you want to join me, here are six tips (because I dreamt of a sixth) for starting to make your dreams come true:
- Listen to yourself first. Yes that’s right – only YOU can master your destiny;
- Get a really big notepad and write down your thoughts, feelings and every idea you ever have. The more you write, the closer you’ll get to discovering your truth, your values, your ultimate dreams;
- When you decide which dream to start pursuing, write it down and display it so you see it every day;
- Learn as much as you can about your chosen dream or field of interest. The web is an amazing resource and there is so much you can learn online;
- Write down three goals and set about achieving them; and,
- Surround yourself with positive people – we all have ups and downs so we need the good guys in our corner, always.
Inspiration really is all around. And once you decide to listen to your heart, harness that inspiration and establish a core set of values, you’ll be well and truly on the path to making YOUR dreams come true too.
In my current dream land (that is, life), things are pretty much a constant work in progress, but every step I take is a step in the direction of my dreams. I am no longer making other people’s dreams come true. I’ve taken the reins of this galloping horse and I’m riding it through the forest of endless possibilities.
This is just the tip of the iceberg – there are so many resources available to help you discover your true passion, write a business plan, develop a brand or marketing strategy and more.
But the main thing is you’ll have started something, and the rest will follow. Go on, go forth and ride the winds of change.
Mary is a visual and verbal communications specialist with a passion for writing, designing and inspiring others. She runs a Graphic Design & Writing Business, compiles articles and blogs, and motivates as many people as she can along the way, including her two beautiful children. Her life is a never-ending work in progress and she wouldn’t have it any other way because SHE is in charge of her destiny!
Mary’s Motivational Blog (a work in progress): http://positivityaplenty.blogspot.com.au/
Graphic Design & Writing Business: