Even though the episode aired in 2010 (Parks and Recreation), Leslie Knope has bravely pioneered a very important tradition. Galentine’s Day has transcended from the television screen into millennial culture.
On February 13th, Galentine’s Day, a nonofficial holiday, is celebrated as a day for “ladies celebrating ladies.”
These are 9 Reasons You Need To Celebrate Galentine’s Day This Year!
- Because Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation is a goddess and we should listen to what she says
- Also romantic relationships can be fleeting, and chaotic and Valentine’s Day makes a lot of people feel sh*t.
- Guys are fine but your gals are everything! #WhoRunTheWorld
- You can crank the spice girls all night without judgement
- You’re all down for another glass (erm bottle) of Rose
- Just another damn good reason to throw a party
- You can eat all the carbs
- Think of the gram. Pose for plenty of pics with your posse. You could really bank that content
- Exchange gifts!
BE MY GALENTINE:
Gift ideas for Galentine’s from lovehoney.com.au (GO ON Leslie would want you to)
- Lovehoney BASICS Powerful Mini G-Spot Vibrator (RRP$9.95)
- Lovehoney Oh! Kiss Me Lipstick Vibrator (RRP$22.95)
- Sqweel Go USB Rechargeable Oral Sex Simulator (RRP$ 72.95)
- Tracey Cox Supersex Pleasure Vibe 4 Inch (RRP $18.95)
SheSociety is a site for the women of Australia to share our stories, our experiences, shared learnings and opportunities to connect.