1. How can crystals be used for healing?
Crystals have been used for their powerful healing properties for thousands of years. At an atomic level, our universe is in a constant state of vibration. Crystals emit high frequency vibrations and are extremely good at holding a stable vibration due to their crystalline lattice structure. We, on the other hand, are made up of a very complex mix of vibrations that can easily be disturbed or unbalanced which in turn makes us feel unwell. All kinds of things can affect our vibration, from external influences such as electromagnetic and geopathic stress, to internal ones such as constant negative thought patterns and suppressing emotions. By using crystals as an aid during meditation and through effective mindfulness we are able focus and still the chatter of the mind and eliminate negative thought patterns. We all know that setting your mindset with a positive outlook can return positive life experiences. In much the same way setting crystals with positive intentions is the best way to manifest the things you wish to attract into your life. If for nothing other than their tactile benefits, rolling these shapes around in your hands releases my mind from the more mundane and automatic reactions we have to most every object we pick up these days.
2. Do specific crystals work for different parts of your body? Why?
The mysteries of traditional Eastern medicine are starting to be revealed by Western science. With an increasingly enlightened society, people are turning to alternative therapies and becoming more aware of our connection to the earth and its effect on the mind, body and soul. We are craving the raw and organic not only in our diets but also in the things we wear and adorn our spaces with. The body is composed of a number of different energy centres called Chakras. Our Chakras are located down the midline of the body, each relating to acupressure points. Ideally the upper chakras and the lower chakras should be balanced to ensure optimum health of those bodily parts. Each of your seven chakras are strongly connected with specific crystals that produce vibrations to help balance, align and cleanse your chakras.
3. How can crystals help boost my wellbeing in the workplace? Should every desk have one?
A large portion of our lives is spent at work. We often forget to give our bodies a break physically and our brains a break mentally. Our offices and workspaces are becoming increasingly overcome by computers, devices and technology. Crystals, especially shaped crystals, not only look beautiful when styled in the workplace but also offer us a natural and tactile distraction to negate stress and improve results. Electromagnetic stress is the result of being constantly exposed to technology and electricity that ends up making us feel ‘wired’, ultimately making it difficult to wind down at night and switch off. Crystals can be used to boost wellbeing in the office in the same way we use plants and add windows to bring a natural component to a static environment.
Stoned Crystals Guide to Styling Crystals in the Workplace:
• Keep natural stones or crystals as paperweights and bookends. Change the stones to fit with the colours that suit your mood and workspace style and palette.
• Use carved stone or crystal platters and bowls on the desk as containers to store stationery or tid-bits in.
• Place crystals on the soil of potted plants or terrariums in your work area.
• Have a favourite crystal as a ‘worry stone’, massage object or for brainstorming on your desk, workstation or even the dashboard of your car. The phone, computer and even colleagues can be causes of tension and stress. They demand our time and attention and raise our adrenalin levels throughout the day. Having a favourite crystal on hand to deflect the energy is a great way to manage workplace stress, quieten the mind and get creative when brainstorming new ideas.
• Keep a collection of stones near the window or phone as a focus for your attention. It will also help unnecessary depletion of your energy by becoming overly involved in other people’s problems and helps to keep a balanced perspective during a tricky conversation.
• Dealing with stress is important so that it doesn’t affect our physical, spiritual, and emotional selves (not to mention our customers and co-workers) Every time you look your rock, it will remind you to be mindful and conscious of your thoughts and actions.
• Manage workplace stress with crystals by offsetting the strong electromagnetic fields created by computer screens by putting a crystal by any tech device in your office. Clear quartz is recommended, but it must be cleansed frequently.
SheSociety is a site for the women of Australia to share our stories, our experiences, shared learnings and opportunities to connect.