(Pictured left stylist Claire Fabb, and great ways to wear your jeans!)
So you’re going to wear your jeans in a show of support on Friday 5 August for Jeans for Genes Day. But anyone can just slip on a pair of jeans, the challenge is to do it with style. Stand out amongst the Queenslanders uniting in a sea of denim to show their support for the Children’s Medical Research Institute next Friday, with these handy tips.
With so many types of jeans to choose from, Stylist Claire Fabb from Style by Yellow Button provides ways to identify and wear the jean for you, so you can don your denim in style.
- Mum Jeans. These are so popular right now. They’re such a laid back look and can be really comfortable. If you’re going for a mum jean be sure to choose a pair with a high waist and avoid wearing a long layered top. Instead wear a tight top tucked in or something that sits at the waist.
- Flares. This look is back and it’s the easiest way to look taller or slimmer. Simply wear flares with a heel or boot to add elevation.
- Cropped. I’m loving the French inspired crop jean at the moment – it’s very Jane Birkin from back in the day! The important thing for this look is that less is more. If you’re donning this look wear it with a small pump or basic ballet slipper.
- Frayed hem. These jeans are another gorgeous look, especially if it’s going to be a sunny afternoon as they look best when showing a bit of bare skin. Wear with a simple sandal and have your ankle showing for understated cool elegance. The perfect transeasonal look. Cropped jeans should be a staple coming into summer.
- Jean & Sneaker Combo. The sporty look is fashion forward. This looks best with a cropped jean as you want to avoid the Jerry Seinfeld look. Wearing with a simple white sneaker is a good look however feel free to play around as there are some cool sneakers around at the moment. Why not try a bold gold or even a pattern?!
- Don’t forget to donate. While we might get caught up in the style of it all, it’s important to remember the reason you’re sporting your denim on 5 August. Donating is easy. All you have to do is text the word ‘jeans’ to 1997 6484. A $5 donation will go directly to the charity and will automatically get added to your phone bill. Simple!
See the live tally online now and add to it! Funds raised for Jeans for Genes go directly to research aimed at curing childhood genetic diseases, which currently affect 1 in every 20 Aussie kids.
She Society is a site for the women of Australia to share our stories, our experiences, shared learnings and opportunities to connect.