When it comes to such things as first dates, weddings, new babies and all sorts of celebrations and sad occasions, there’s nothing quite like flowers as a mark of love and respect. The perfect bouquet is a thoughtful, personal gift that can express the message you want to share. However, with the endless possibilities on offer, choosing the right flowers for an occasion can seem like an overwhelming task. But it needn’t be, with the right advice.
Choosing the right flowers
Did you know yellow carnations are used to symbolize rejection? While that might not help you turn down an unwanted date, certain flowers and colors still have meaning. When you’re choosing flowers, you need to consider a few things such as the occasion, the personality of the recipient, and the message you want to send. Keeping those factors in mind, check out our handy guide.
The Perfect Date
Whether it’s a first date or date night with your partner of many years, flowers are a guaranteed great start. They’ll let your special someone know you’ve put thought and preparation into your time together. For a first date or casual occasion, keep it simple and fun with a sweet bouquet of brightly colored flowers. Orchids, dandelions, dahlias, tulips, or pink roses are great options. For an extra special date night, go more bold and extravagant: red roses, blue or pink gerberas, and white gardenias express love and passion.
Appreciation, Birthdays, & Congratulations
There are many reasons to celebrate the people in your life whether it be a graduation, a new job, a show of hospitality, or a day set aside to honor them. (Anyone else scrambling every year on Secretary’s Day?)
Flowers are a beautiful way to brighten their day and let them know you are celebrating with them. If you know their favorite color or flower, you can choose an arrangement based around that. Or you can choose flowers that fit their personality and tastes. We’ve listed some suggestions for you below. Either way, they will appreciate the personal gift.
- For someone fun and outgoing, choose bright hues with unique shapes: oriental lilies, daffodils, and gem-toned chrysanthemums are unique and exciting.
- For someone preppy and sophisticated, select classic flowers in muted colors: roses, tulips, and hydrangeas are traditional and elegant.
- For someone sweet and down-to-earth, go with informal flowers: Gerber daisies, carnations, sunflowers, and larkspur are cheerful and unassuming.
Get Well & Sympathy
A gift of flowers expresses thoughts and feelings that we sometimes can’t even put into words. When someone is facing a difficult illness or dealing with the lost of a loved one, a beautiful arrangement will share with them your condolences, sympathy, and hopes for brighter days ahead.
- To show sympathy, white is the traditional color. Opt for white lilies, roses, orchids, irises, carnations, gladioli,or chrysanthemums in a tasteful arrangement.
- To bring cheer and hope to a difficult situation, brightly colored flowers (especially yellow) are the best. You can choose from sunflowers, daffodils, tulips, and yellow roses.
No matter the occasion, a beautiful vase of flowers is always a sincere and thoughtful gift that will bring happiness to the receiver. Flowers for Everyone can help you put together the perfect arrangement.