She Brisbane was curious and spoke to Karen Shirley from The Skin Clinicians about botox (apparently I am not allowed to say botox because its trademarked so I will refer to it as injectables). We asked her to share some considerations about getting injectables…
- Injectables prevent lines from forming or getting deeper.
- Injectables are used successfully to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) of palms, armpits and feet..
- Injectables placement, dose and the technical expertise of the injector all influence the results of this cosmetic treatment. Pregnant or Breast Feeding – you can NOT have dermal fillers or botox treatments.
- Injectables & dermal filler treatments – are a medical procedure and these treatments should be performed in medical facilities by a registered nurse or registered doctor with appropriate safety, and emergency equipment and skills.
- Injectables is a superior anti wrinkle product offering consistent results, and longevity of these results.
- Average age of aInjectables client is 33yrs
- Neck Banding or Nefertiti -Injectables can be used soften neck banding giving a more youthful appearance.
- Injectables – is a natural purified protein.
- Gummy Smiles -Injectables can be used to gently drop the top lip, so less gum is visible when you smile.
- Chin Botox–Injectables can be used to relax the mentalis muscle in the chin which becomes stronger over time causing dimpling, lining and a prominent chin appearance.
- There are many types of anti wrinkle injections available. Cheapest is not necessarily the best or safest. Always ask your clinician what product they are using.
Karen Shirley says “I love it when new clients ask lots of questions. I think its so important to be well informed about the products being used and the risks associated with these products. We believe a 30 minute consultation is necessary to properly inform our clients, answer any questions, plan and discuss treatments, outcomes, costs and budgets. Don’t ever feel obligated to have a treatment. If it doesn’t feel right, you’re probably right and it’s possibly not the right clinic for you.”
Address: 39 Riding Road, Hawthorne, Qld
Treatment Times: Monday – Saturday
SheSociety is a site for the women of Australia to share our stories, our experiences, shared learnings and opportunities to connect.