Erin Holland shares with SheSociety her daily morning routine:
- Drink water: Staying hydrated throughout the day stops your skin and body getting dehydrated. It can be bit of a task some days to drink up to 1.5L, so I try to start the day right and drink a glass of water as soon as I wake up.
- Shower: I like to shower in the morning as the steam helps open your pores and gives you a dewy fresh-faced look.
- Cleanse: As you can imagine I can wear a lot of make-up for work, so it’s really important to cleanse. I use Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Shine Control Scrub to gently exfoliate and remove impurities and built up oil.
- Tone:Toning is often a forgotten step that is oh-so crucial, as a good toner balances the skin’s PH.
- Use a Serum:Serum is to be used prior to moisturising. It keeps wrinkles at bay! A step in the routine not to be missed.
- Everyday sun protection:Everyday we’re exposed to damaging UV rays – whether it be a sunny or overcast day. To combat skin damage and ageing, I apply Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Fluid sunscreen every morning under my make up. The sunscreen is lightweight, non-sticky and more importantly SPF 50 and it helps hydrate my skin. Win-win.
- Make-up application: Depending on my day and work schedule I will try to apply minimal make-up when and where I can. This usually consists of a foundation, bronzer, highlighter, mascara and a light and hydrating lipstick.
SheSociety is a site for the women of Australia to share our stories, our experiences, shared learnings and opportunities to connect.